21 January 2007

Nokias don't survive the spin cycle


Apparently Nokia cell phones aren't as reliable as I need them to be. After running over my old phone with the SUV just over 4 years ago I guess I thought it was time to test another phone and see how it would survive. So, I left my phone in my pocket and put the pants in the washing machine. About 10 minutes into the "experiment" I realized what I had done and went and stopped the wash and spun out the water to find the phone. I am rather confident that had I not activated the spin cycle the phone would have survived, but having not known this beforehand I did indeed begin the spin.

Anyway, because of this I lost all of the recent numbers I have gotten that weren't copied to my SIM card (basically, anything post July), so if you think this means you please send along your digits. I'm looking into getting a new phone that's quad band so I won't have to buy a new one when I go to Europe, but I may just get a tri band temporarily and wait for a deal for getting the quad.

No comments: