16 December 2005

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So, a little update on the Finland situation, for all those who may be curious. (Really it's just a to-do and done list for me, but I can share).

-Housing is secured. I got a nice place in West-Pasila very near a train station. I will have 2 roomate in a large flat, with a balcony on "central park." hotness.

-I've sounded the alarm and everyone from Helsinki to Sodankyla knows I'm coming. They've been warned. (Actually I still have a number of people to contact, but I'm hoping that people will talk to people will talk to people to save me some time, plus I don't have all the email addresses I need.)

-My residence permit should be able to be processed now that I have housing. I just have to wait for final confirmation on my despoit to send stuff to the consulate and then I should be set.

-Still haven't bought an airline ticket, but I'd like to know when I'll have the residence permit so I can arrive as early as possible... But how long should I wait? That is the question... I'd like to take a trek up to Iisalmi before the orientation starts, but I don't wanna buy a ticket and then not have my passport back in time. What to do, what to do...

-I have at least found a bed, in terms of furnishings. Hopefully more will be forthcoming. Gotta talk to my peeps in Helsinki. I don't really need all that much, just a bed and a desk.

-I need to figure out about the wiring of the building I am living in and how possible it will be to get internet access while in Finland. I'd like to publish pictures and stories here, but I have to make sure I have access to the net from my laptop before I promise to do so. Updates won't be frequent, but I'll hopefully keep you up to date with my travels at the very least. Don't wanna detract from the experience by sitting in front of the computer the whole time though.

I think that's it for now...

No comments: