24 March 2006

Oulu

Just a quick note. Nine hours after climbing onto the train in Helsinki I have safely arrived in Oulu. I had arranged to get a sleeper car, however I didn't realize that being assigned the top bunk meant the top of 3, so quite a long ways off the ground indeed. Two Finnish strangers were sharing my cabin sleeping beneath me, so that was a bit of an odd thought, but still I managed to catch and hour here, 30 minutes there in between the constant clackity clack and screetch as we made stops. It was an interesting experience, anyway. I tried to take pics of the sleeping cabin and if any of them turned out I'll post when I get back to my computer. Until then, it's visiting friends today and Sunday, laser tag and my host bro's b-day bash tomorrow, and then the drive the rest of the way to Luosto on Monday. I should be able to post an update or two from there, as I've just found out that internet access there has increased by at least 500% (there was only one computer last time for everyone at the resort...) So perhaps some stories, but the pics will come from Helsinki.

After this trip me and 2 friends will be heading to Estonia for the Easter holiday. I'm really looking forward to seeing and doing much on that trip, as I've wanted to go to Estonia for a long time. I'm also quite excited about my company there:) What can I say, I'm just all over the place these days.

UPDATE!! Photos

100_1994

100_1991

100_1990

1 comment:

Omni said...

What's in Estonia? What have you always wanted to see there?

(Click here if you dare)