22 March 2006

Take Two

Yes yes, I know I said not even a month ago that I was on vacation (and I was, from school). Tomorrow, however, I will be leaving for a genuine vacation skiing in Lapland. My very awesome first host family has rented a cottage for a week at Luosto and they've invited me along for the holiday. First, however, I'll make a stop in Oulu to visit some friends and celebrate my host brothers birthday with what he has billed a HUGE party. Should be exciting! In any event, I plan to get back in the habit of taking lots of pictures. The nature there is beautiful, so that should make for some great pictures. Last time I was there I skiied well over 100 km in the week, and am looking forward to doing the same again this year. We'll see though- it's been 4 years since i've cross country skiied. I'm much more of a skating style skiier. I find trench skiing to be cumbersome and entirely too much work. (see below) In any event, posting will be light if at all possible, and photos will have to wait til I return. Enjoy the beginnings of spring!
Skating style

Trench

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cross country skiing is one hell of a workout. It would be nice to learn but we really don't get enough snow here.