07 March 2007

Parliamentary Elections- Advancedvoting begins today

I know all my friends back in Finland were already standing in line waiting on the doors to open in order to cast their ballots in the 2007 Parliamentary elections, but for everyone else, here's a little quick info from Helsingin Sanomat International Ed.
Advance voting in Finland’s Parliamentary elections began today - Wednesday - and continues until Tuesday next week.
The actual election day is Sunday March 18th, while advance voting is arranged in Finland on March 7 to 13 and abroad on March 7 to 10.
With so many days to vote, everyone can find time. For a recap of how the elections played out last year, and for a look into how things are shaping up this year, check wikipedia.

If I were a Finn, I think it's pretty clear who I'd vote for. But since I'm not I have to count on my Finnish friends in Helsinki to do it for me. Still, everyone can have a look at Anni Sinnemäki's official page [here] (for my non Finnish speaking friends I would even be willing to translate the important parts of the page in order to enlighten) and the Helsinki Green's [here].

No comments: