07 April 2006

Fair warning


As many people begin their spring breaks and thinking about travels I just thought I'd give fair warning to those thinking about coming to Finland (and I'm sure there are many of you!). This is the view from my window today. We're comfortably into April and it's snowed pretty much the last 3 days. And I'm not talking a little flurries. Nonetheless the consistency of the snow is much wetter, so it's undeniable spring is on the way! And actually I'll be quite sad when it stops snowing, as winter is much better in my opinion- i'd prefer snow over rain any day.

Still working on that post from Lapland, and a lot of fun and interesting stuff has happened since my return to Helsinki as well, so you'll get caught up on that as well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice and thoughtful blog.

Anonymous said...

Snow beats rain any day, I agree to that. But haven't we had it with snow for this season? I'd be happy to have it back sometime mid-December or so. Where is sun and where is spring?