16 April 2006

Marie-Antoinette goes to Estonia!

Friday morning my friends Topi, Hannu and me left on the Tallink ship Meloodia to take a 2 day, 1 night trip to Estonia. Thanks to Teija (no pic of her yet, but I'll work on that as soon as she returns from being a rock star in Kotka) I also had a special friend to bring along- Marie-Antoinette. Marie-Antoinette was so eager to share pics of her adventure with you that she rushed me to get this entry up even before the Lapland trip. I hope you enjoy her adventures! If you want to see the pictures I took in Estonia (sans marie) just click any of the ones over there in the Flickr badge. There are some really great ones. The city was more amazing than I ever imagined it would be!

100_2108
Marie on board the ship, morning 1 around 9am

100_2115
Sadly she got a little seasick, but she enjoyed the view of the sea anyway

100_2129
Marie in the old town, Tallinn

100_2145
Marie and one of many churches who's name I've forgotten100_2155


I look a little rough and a bad new haircut, but Marie is looking good still. Dining @ Elefantti
100_2158

Marie couldn't last as long as the rest of us (royalty, you know)... Taking a nap

100_2173
Marie and another beautiful church in the old town
100_2182

Hannu, Marie, Topi overlooking the town from above
100_2190

Marie and a cityscape

100_2200
Marie insisted that we enjoy something to drink before exploring the nightlife, so she poured the drinks100_2202


The next morning I was not happy with what she had caused! I had slept but 6 hours the previous night, and then 3 hours this night. No wonder I look so tired in all the pictures!100_2203


Strong coffee at breakfast helped everyone along, then back to town
100_2209

I started to get a bad headache, so we stopped for a strawberry margareita remedy at the 2 for one cuban pub, where drinks are buy one get one free. As you can see, Marie didn't get any of my drink-she'd done enough.

OK, that's Marie's trip, but honestly, please check out my photos on the Flickr page. And if you ever get a chance, VISIT TALLINN! Oh, and for those of you wondering how Marie-Antoinette got her name, well, it's because sometimes she finds herself a little disconnected...

100_2217

HAPPY EASTER from Mr. Happy Egg, mascott from last year's spring break road trip to Toronto!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So um the Marie-Antoinette thing was kinda freaking me out... ;-). Anyway, saw the pics--looks like a cool place. One recommendation: you should organize all of your flickr pics into albums because I keep having to look at the pics backwards and all mixed together lol.

Anonymous said...

Well, Tallinn really is a great place, isn't it? And if you liked it, I strongly recommend Riga for your next trip - if Marie-Antoinette was blown away by Tallinn, there is a risk Riga will make her loose her head completely...