14 January 2006

Minor Computer Issues, Help!

So I hate to whore my friends out, but I'm having some computer problems that maybe some of you have answers to, so I'm asking, PLEASE tell me how to fix the following, if you know.

#1 As you can see I've switched to thumbnails. This is not optimal. Generally I use imageshack to host my pics, but the resize function either isn't working, or it isn't doing what I want it too. I need to make the images smaller in their dimensions, not pixel or other quality. Is there an easy way to do this so I can post pictures at a size bigger than thumbnails? What am I missing?

#2 My internet connection... I had to change a lot of settings I'm not familiar with in order to get onto the broadband connection here. I have the instructions i can transcribe if needed, but anyway, the side effect of all this is that now I get that stupid dial up box popping up every now and then. Worse, it automatically launches AOL and I can't connect to any pages until after I've closed AOL. I don't want to simply delete AOL in case that causes further complications, but I don't want to have to wait for it to launch so that I can close it every five minutes either.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate your contribution to my sanity.

No comments: