29 January 2006

Round Two

The gloves are off. Today is the second round of elections here in Finland, a runoff election between the top two performers in the first round. When I was visiting in Iisalmi this past weekend my first host family had an extra TV which they are letting me borrow, so I have been able to follow the coverage as the polls close. The candidates are both at the YLE TV studios, just down the road from me. On the way back this evening about 2 hours ago we drove by there and I saw everyone in the studio lobby (it glass walls to the outside.. In the US that would never happen. Probably not secure enough or something along those lines. The results should be in in about an hour. Otherwise, look for my post about this weekend tomorrow (it'll be another long one). I didn't take as many pictures as I should've but you can see those that I did take in Flickr.

No comments: